WELCOME TO ABOUT FLORENCE
visitor, Welcome to aboutflorence.com
This non-commercial website offers interesting and useful information about one of the most beautiful city in the world, Florence (Italy). We have collected for you the most precious historical and practical information available:
- LIGURIA - Discover the Region of Cinque Terre, Genoa, Portofino and Porto Venere. Thanks to About Liguria you will find all the information about this Italian sea region.
- VENICE - Are you searching for information about the city of Venice, the “City of Water”? Now is finally online Aboutvenice.org, your tourist guide to Venice. Find all information about: history, culture, city sightseeing, maps... and much much more.
- ABOUT ITALY - Our blog "About Italy News Blog: News about Italy from Italy" is finally online! Here we have already inaugurated a category about Florence.
- ROME - Are you searching for information about the city of Rome, the “eternal city”? Now is finally online Aboutroma.com, your tourist guide to Rome. Find all information about: history, culture, city sightseeing, maps... and much much more.
- MILAN - Are you searching for information about the city of Milan? Now is finally online Aboutmilan.com, your tourist guide to Milan. Discover Milan: history, culture, hotel, maps and much more.
- SIENA - Are searching for information about the city of Siena? Now is finally online Aboutsiena.com, your tourist guide to Siena
- MUGELLO - Are searching for information about the Mugello, the wonderful valley filled with green, situated to the north of Florence? Now is finally online Aboutmugello.com, your tourist guide to Mugello. Find all information about the valley of Mugello: history, culture, municipalities, maps... and don't forget to read also about the famous Mugello circuit
- About Florence Search Engine: you can use our Search Engine to search inside About Florence website and find what you are looking for.
- Useful Maps of Florence: browse our new dynamic, interactive and draggable map of Florence to find the most famous Florence sightseeing and attractions over the satellite maps. Discover Arianna, new multimedia guide to the city of Florence... on pda .
- The 24th of June is coming in Florence, the Saint Patron, Protector of the city, Saint John (San Giovanni Battista). It's going to be a special day full of events and attractions. Discover more about the history and the attractions of this year, inside the page dedicated to the Florentine June 24th.
- Events in Florence: Pitti Immagine , look at our special section on PITTI : on June in Florence will open the doors the 76th edidion of PITTI UOMO: one of the most importan appointment for the world of fashion.
- Florence Flood: special cover about the 4th of November 1966, the day of the flood in Florence. Find informations about history, stories, chronicles and photos of the drama.
- Transportation in Florence: we've reorganized our sections about moving in Florence. Added new pages about the airport of Florence and Pisa and about the public and private transfer service to/from the airport to/from the Florence city center. We've also added a new page about cyclable tracks in Florence. To all bicycle lover, you can't miss it!
ABOUT FLORENCE, ITALY:
you can find all general information about the "city
of florence", as the history
of the city, the art
and the culture of Florence as well as his famous
peoples. Here you can also find information about the economy
of the city, the most important events
in Florence besides to the folkloristic one;
the city of Florence having a look at the monuments and museums,
walking through our suggested
itineraries and having a break in its beautiful parks
and gardens, or, if you prefer, choose among our collections of Florence
Virtual Tours. If you like to discover local food and drink have
a look at the Florentine cuisine.
Would you like to bring home a local souvenir? Don't forget to take
note of the local typical
markets of Florence, and, above of all, don't forget to make an excursion
in the Florence' environs: visiting Tuscany and its beautiful cities
like Siena, Pisa or Lucca.
Before leaving discover how to move to/from/inside Florence and find an hotel or an accomodation.
Then take note of the places where to get information about the city once in Florence, look at the useful maps and at the always updated weather situation of Florence. You'd probably like to know where to make shopping, where to do sport and fitness and finally where to spend the night in Florence, dancing or going to theatre. Do you want more? Maybe an Italian language course? We have some information about it too!
there are come useful address for any convenience or need: emergency
number , location of the consulates,
where to rent a bike. And if
in your accomodation doesn't offer a washing machine, then you'll find
very helpful this list of wash & dry
in Florence. Obviously... we can't forget a list of Internet
Points in Florence :)
Where to beign? Let's give a look to this Florence Art Map Guide (generously given by Firenze by Net)